Saturday, October 25, 2008

NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON

As you all know this last year I have taken a new approach to running and since then I have completed several Marathons,Half Marathons and a few 10k's and 5k's. I have had a amazing experience with each of them and have lots of memories of each race. This last July I got injured doing the Provo Freedom Festival 10k, I went to the Dr. and did several test with X-rays and such and never found what the problem was/is. Well, in the meantime I took about 3months off completely from running and I was still limping around the house with pain but just ignored the pain. NOTHING was getting better I don't know what I've done to myself but there's something wrong but WHAT..?Well, then of course I remembered that in January I put in for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fransisco and got in. So, I thought since my whole family is planning to fly out with me I better start to train for this I didn't want to be a quitter either and didn't want to let them down by not doing this since this is all I have talked about since January. By this time its the beginning of October and I only have until Oct. 19 to get all this training in so I did I trained everyday for the next 3weeks and yeah there was pain but nothing was going to stop me from getting that Tiffany's necklace so I was popping Advil every 4hrs to keep the pain under control it was fine because all I could think about was the Tiffany's necklace I was about to get at the Finish line so that kept me moving.

Finally, its Friday Oct 17th and I'm about to board the plane to San Fransisco with my whole family coming to support me by this time I have butterflies wondering if I can really do this or not..? Well, clear back in January I had planned to do the full 26.2 Marathon but as time went on and my injury didn't get better I was always wondering if I would be able to really do this or not..? or if I was just setting myself up for failure well it turns out I FINISHED! I DID IT, I FINISHED the Half Marathon which is 13.1 miles with a timing of 2:10 with tears of joy running down my face. I was greeted with several of San Fransisco's hottest firemen all wearing blue and black tuxedo's holding what I had worked so hard for a small box with a Tiffany's Finisher necklace in it, its beautiful and means so much to me! This was an amazing experience the best race ever! I was with 20,000 other women and 1,000 men all to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society which has raised over $18 million since this race started back in 2000 it was amazing the whole town of San Fransisco was booming it was awesome.

Last but not least that pain got worse so when I came home on Tuesday the next day I went straight into the Dr's and did another X-ray and yeah sure enough there's a problem a big problem but what..? The Dr. asked me if I'd ever broken my pelvis my instant reply was," No Never why..?" He continued to point out the X-ray to me and sure enough there's a break in my pelvis. What the hell I just ran a half marathon with a broken pelvis. I cant even believe it no wonder why I was in so much pain and never getting better. Well, as you can imagine I wont be running for a long time I have to go to the Orthopedic Surgeon in 4wks and if at that time its not healing I will undergo surgery. Crazy huh? Well all I can say it was sure with the pain and I'm sure my pain is nothing compared to all the millions who battle Leukemia each year. I loved every minute of that race and as long as I'm running I will plan to put in for that race every year. I have tonz of pictures to post but my camera is still with my dad in San Fransisco so keep your eyes here for more pictures to come. Also, I just want to Thank my whole family for being such a good support to me and helping me out with the training since it requires alot of hours of running each day/week.Thanks family your the best!!




Dad,me,Peggy and Sexy T its early 6AM


T giving me a encouraging hug at 6AM

Me at Union Square about to start


My biggest fans




Almost there Finished prize Tiffany's necklace

Finshed with my Finishers T-shirt and Tiffany's necklace


Video clip of me at the Finish Line


http://insidenikerunning.nike.com/category/events/nike-womens-marathon

10 comments:

  1. T...I'm so glad you found me!! Welcome to the blogging world, it's very exciting. What the hell? I can't believe you ran a half marathon with a broken pelvis. You are CRAZY! Good job though. That is amazing. I want to do a 5K in December (I know...that's weak to you! :)) Anyhow, you'll have to give me some advice!! Let's do lunch or a girls night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiana
    I glad that you found my blog. It has been a long time. Your family is so cute. Good job on running a marathon. A broken pelvis...OUCH! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... what a great run! You go girl! I can't believe you did that with ANYTHING broken! wow. Hey, I had NO IDEA you were a blogger until you commented on my blog! yay, I'm glad you joined the blogging world, I'll be sure to add you to my list!
    Just to clarify, I wasn't saying I had love handles, just pointing out that the jeans go up high enough to cover love handles. Anyway, modbe has lots of other cute things that aren't jeans you know... haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY CRAP! You go Girl! You are Amazing and I can't believe you did it with a broken pelvis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are freakin amazing! I could never be a runner, and totally admire those people who are. I'm glad you started a blog! It'll be fun to keep in touch this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tia that is awesome.. I am so glad you were able to run and that it was such an amazing experience for you! I hope you get better. That sucks about your injury.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow tia! Impressive! I'm glad you found my blog! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you started a blog and you'll have to come show me your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard about your pelvis. That is crazy! Good job on finishing and with a great time. Kamie does not have a blog she has a facebook. She must of told you wrong. Cute background I have the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I lied she does have a blog it is cascadeconcrete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete