Thursday, November 27, 2008

I pulled off a Thanksgiving Feast

Terry and I decided to have Thanksgiving this year at our house with just a small crowd the kids and my Mom,Step Dad and Sister. I did everything except for the Turkey and Stuffing. This is how it all went for me for the last 2 days. First things first I started my 13 layer rainbow jello on Wednesday morning while getting Tycee ready for Dave's,Tripp crying at my feet and the wash piling up to the ceiling in the laundry room. The jello took me yes pretty much up until about a few hours before eating, its a long process not hard just very time consuming. While the jello is setting in the fridge, I needed to make a NY Style Cheesecake for Terry since he doesnt really like pie all that much.
Me at the beginning of the of it all

So here it goes I found a recipe for the cheesecake and ran around town tracking down a Springform pan for the cake to set in, lucky for me my neighbor had one. The Cheesecake wasn't too difficult again just time consuming but I did it and I made it all from scratch. After making the Cheesecake I started all the crust for the pies. I also made the crust and pie from scratch as well. I was up until 3AM baking Pumpkin, Apple, and Banana Cream pies.

Terry's New York Style Cheesecake


Before baking the Apple Pie

Me waitng and waiting for the pies to come out of the oven

After baking the Apple -looks good huh!!


Finally when I was about to settle down and go to bed Terry jokelingly said,"what if the mice get to the pies" I panicked a bit but was so tired I didnt really care. By the way we dont really have mice Terry just likes to say stupid things like that to get me all worked up however, I did check on them a few times during the night just to make sure.

This is how my pies looked when I woke up to check on them during the middle of the night
BEAUTIFUL!!

On Thursday morning I made rolls, yams, green bean salad and a few other a little things and did the final touches to all my pies and yummy food. By 2o'clock everything was set and ready for us to eat finally!!
The Dinner table all set

I must say so myself I was pretty impressed with all the baking and cooking I have just done and you might be asking yourself now,"what the heck I didn't know Tiana can cook" well...Its true very true I can cook and I can actually cook pretty well too so I was excited to show off my cooking/baking skills. Everyone was impressed and I got lots of compliments about how yummy the food was.

My cute family


6 comments:

  1. Good job! I am very impressed, that is a lot of work! I cant believe how big your little guy is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Impressive!! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm impressed that you made all that on your own. We had Thanksgving at our house this year too, but the only thing we did was the turkey. Everyone else brought the rest of the stuff. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! It looks YUMMY and Beautiful! I love the orange slices around the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very cute! And it was yummy, thanks for bringing some over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! great job! I'm sure it was so yummy. Looks so great.

    ReplyDelete